The Diabetes Education program at Scheurer Hospital is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Learn more about Scheurer's Diabetes Education Program.
- Diabetes self-management training
- Individual and group setting (physician order required)
- A covered benefit of Medicare and/or Medicaid
- Oral and injectable medication instruction and education
- Glucometer training
- Insulin pump training and ongoing support and education
- Basic/advanced carbohydrate counting
- Continuous glucose monitoring and interpretation
- Annual follow-up education and support
- Customized, on-site school or other group diabetes training sessions
- Opportunity to receive scholarship funds for services, if qualified
Scheurer strives for all patients to have equal access to Diabetes Education. A scholarship fund has been established to assist those who qualify. Certain financial criteria must be met in order to qualify for scholarship coverage. If you meet the criteria, your bill will be covered by our scholarship fund.